ReyShizz

Under to Aboveground Hip-Hop Music::..
About


Have you turned on your radio lately and thought, "How da f**k this get put on the air?" Or "This guy has to be the whackest MC I have ever heard." If you have, I feel your pain. Read more...


Subscribe


If you feelin the site, enter your email address below and get notified whenever its updated.




Favorites


Grab The Mic
About Me
Hip Hop Blog
Sohh
Hip Hop Site
Out Tha Bocks
Hip Hop Havoc
Ohhla
nufffGigs

Search

Web reyshizz.blogspot.com
Powered by Google

Most Recent

Archives

Canibus... Remember Him?

What ever happened to Canibus? At one point in time he was the illest underground lyricist/battle MC now it seems like he's just a memory. I still have some his lryics from the late 90's banging in my head...like...

"...Niggas, they wanna murder me, that's why my burgundy suburban be, full of secret service security, transporting me back and forth from the affirmative action university, in aircrafts that take off and land vertically, the fact that I aint treated like a king is absurd to me, from the streets of dirty Jersey to Germany niggas heard of me..."

Canibus was definitly one of the hottest dudes out. I was a big fan of his during the late 90's. But it seems like after his album 2000 BC he instantly became yesterday's news. I think his main problem was that every song sounded like a freestyle. He couldn't make the transition from battle rapper to an all around rapper. That caused his down fall.

A friend of mine told me that Canibus has a new album out and let me listen to one of the songs. It was alright at most. It sounded like something he could've did in '98 but never put out, that's how much he hasn't changed throughout the years. After a while the same old stuff becomes boring. If you listen to Jay, Nas, Big, Pac, or Em each of their albums are different from the ones before. As they progressed in the rap game their style evovled as well. That's where Canibus fell behind. It's kind of ironic too because he's the one that said...

"No pain no gain in this rap game, For the fortune and fame in order to remain, Most real MC's, learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain, in the rain... "

Posted on

1 Comment(s):
  1. From Blogger Propaganda Life at 7:24 AM
    I've never been a big fan of Bus but I have to admit I've been playing the fuck out of "Rip the Jacker" this last week.

    Dude needs the right production to sound dope imo and Stoupe brought that.

    http://peaceandpaper.blogspot.com/
     
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2005-2006. reyShizz is powered by Blogger.